Our Broker and Associates have been serving Northern California For YearsBILL WRIGHT
is a licensed California Real Estate Broker and the founder & President of Shasta Land Services, Inc. with more than 45 years of experience in the operation, financing, management, sales, and analysis of agricultural properties in Northern California. He is a graduate of California State University, Chico, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture Business and a Minor in Economics.
Mr. Wright's background and qualifications in agriculture including ranching and timber are extensive. After graduating from college in 1978 he went to work for the Farm Credit System; he set up and managed a branch office of the Chico Production Credit Association as well as completed the start-up and development of the Redding Branch office of California Livestock Production Credit Association financing agriculture in Northern California, Oregon & Nevada. In 1986 he decided to develop his own business leading to the founding of Shasta Land Services, Inc. We are celebrating our 35th year in the agricultural real estate business in 2021!
Mr. Wright owned the Lookout Ranch
for a number of years and sold the ranch in 2004. The Lookout Ranch consisted of approximately 6,800 acres farmed to wild rice, cereal grains, alfalfa and timber production plus 600 pair running on both the deeded lands and a U.S.F.S. permit. The ranch also had a Private Lands Management Program (PLM) which provided for late season deer &antelope tags in exchange for habitat development. The ranch was famous for the extensive waterfowl habitat development that took place during his ownership.
Specializing in agricultural properties with hunting, especially deer and waterfowl properties, he is responsible for negotiating and closing more hundreds of real estate transactions over the years, as well as real estate and chattel appraisal, management, and consulting services, and agriculture real estate mortgage for ranches all over Northern California and Oregon Very experienced in negotiating Conservation Easements of all types on behalf of landowners in Northern California as well as three way exchanges with USA entities and Trust organizations.
Some of Mr. Wright's professional and community affiliations are as follows:
is a California licensed real estate salesperson and an associate of Shasta Land Services Inc. He represents River's Edge Properties (a division of Shasta Land Services Inc.) and focuses on waterfront recreational and fly fishing properties. Dan has spent over seven years in the fly fishing industry teaching, managing, and guiding and is a Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructor. Dan's experience in the field of fly fishing helps him discern the recreational value of unique properties and how to match them to the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. Born and raised in Shasta County, Dan has spent a great deal of time exploring Northern California's recreational opportunities and is intimately familiar with the areas waterfront properties. Dan has his own web page featuring our fishing properties – https://www.riversedgeproperties.comBen Urricelqui
is a California licensed real estate salesperson and new associate of Shasta Land Services Inc. Ben was born and raised in North Eastern California; he grew up on a beef cattle and hay operation. He attended California State University, Chico, and obtained a Bachelor's degree in Agribusiness. While at Chico State, Ben was the head herdsman of the Chico State Beef unit, Rangeland Club Committee Chair, Chico State Young cattlemen's Chair, Chico State marketing Team Member, Chico States Artificial Insemination instructor, Young California Cattlemen's Association member, and a Shasta County Farm Bureau Member. Ben's hands-on experiences in the farming and ranching community have helped him gain a vast knowledge of the agriculture industry.
- Santa Clara Range Land Convention Champion 2017
- Chico State University, Rangeland Club Chair 2017
- Chico State University, Rangeland Club Member 2017-2019
- Chico State University, Young Cattlemen's Member 2017-2019
- Young California Cattlemen Member – 2013-Present
- Chico State University, Marketing Team
- Shasta College Ag Leadership Officer
- Jackson County Harvest Fest Team Leader
- Foothill FFA Officer
- AI (artificial Insemination) Certificate
- RICK MAHER helps us at Shasta Land Services, Inc. in his capacity as a wetlands biologist and farming consultant. Rick has more than 50 years of experience in the operation and management of agricultural properties in Northern California. He is a graduate of California State University, Chico, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agronomy. As the owner/operator of Maher Farms, established in 1976, he has extensive "hands-on" experience farming up to 4,000 irrigated acres per growing season. His agricultural expertise is useful in both the appraisal and consulting to agricultural properties, as well as in wildlife habitat development and consultation. Mr. Maher also extends his services to private landowners interested in Wildlife Habitat development, primarily wetlands. He provides consulting, planning and construction for wetland projects as well as information on various cost share programs available for habitat development.Mr. Maher's community affiliations include Member of the Board of Directors for Fall River Youth Baseball, Member of the Intermountain Hay Growers, Member of the Fall River Wild Rice Growers' Association, Member of the International Wild Rice Growers' Association, Member of the Advisory Council State of California Wild Rice Program, and Chairman of the Intermountain Chapter of California Waterfowl Association.
IN MEMORIAM:BILL QUINN
, after working with Shasta Land Services, Inc. in the real estate business for many years, in 2020 began operating under his own license as a California Real Estate Broker, DRE # 00820135. Bill passed away on November 7, 2021.
William James Quinn, "Bill" age 80 of Cottonwood, CA passed away peacefully Sunday November 7th, 2021, surrounded by family after losing a three-year battle with cancer. Bill, affectionately known to many as "Quinn", was born October 28, 1941, in San Francisco CA. He attended St. Mathews in San Mateo, CA, Cantwell High School in Los Angeles CA and attended Cal Poly and majored in AG. In 1960 Bill married his high school sweetheart Sandra Erickson, they later moved to the Bay Area and had three children. Bill worked in the Automotive Industry for nineteen years, but always managed to still be a cowboy. He was Captain and President of the Tassajara Volunteer Fire Department in Danville, CA where he made lifelong friends. In 1979 Bill pursued a lifelong dream and moved his family to Bieber, CA "Big Valley", where he became a farmer/rancher, and partner in a Hay Trucking and Brokerage Business. In 1989 he moved to the Redding area and went into Real Estate specializing in Ranch and Farm Sales, he loved what he did and was still actively selling Ranches until his death. Bill was an avid Fisherman and Duck Hunter all throughout his life. He was a big believer in environmental and community involvement, he played a crucial role in shaping water policy, regulations, and legislation during his lifetime. Some of the organizations he was involved with were, Trout Unlimited as a director, CAL Trout as Founding Governor and Vice President, Delta Environmental Advisory Committee appointed by then Governor Ronald Reagan, and California Waterfowl Association "CWA", Director, Chairman and President. Bill's biggest passion was family, and there were many gatherings such as the yearly branding and the annual New Years Day Family and Friends Skeet Shoot just to name a few…