Our Broker and Associates have been serving Northern California For Years
BILL WRIGHT is a licensed California Real Estate Broker and the founder & President of Shasta Land Services, Inc. with more than 40 years of experience in the operation, financing, management, sales, and analysis of agricultural properties in Northern California. He is a graduate of California State University, Chico, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture Business and a Minor in Economics.
Mr. Wright’s background and qualifications in agriculture including ranching and timber are extensive. After graduating from college in 1978 he went to work for the Farm Credit System; he set up and managed a branch office of the Chico Production Credit Association as well as completed the start-up and development of the Redding Branch office of California Livestock Production Credit Association financing agriculture in Northern California, Oregon & Nevada. In 1986 he decided to develop his own business leading to the founding of Shasta Land Services, Inc. We are celebrating our 34th year in the agricultural real estate business in 2020!
Mr. Wright owned the Lookout Ranch for a number of years and sold the ranch in 2004. The Lookout Ranch consisted of approximately 6,800 acres farmed to wild rice, cereal grains, alfalfa and timber production plus 600 pair running on both the deeded lands and a U.S.F.S. permit. The ranch also had a Private Lands Management Program (PLM) which provided for late season deer &antelope tags in exchange for habitat development. The ranch was famous for the extensive waterfowl habitat development that took place during his ownership.
Specializing in trophy caliber hunting properties, especially deer and waterfowl properties, he is responsible for negotiating and closing more than $100,000,000 in real estate transactions in recent years, as well as real estate and chattel appraisal, management, and consulting services, and agriculture real estate mortgage for ranches all over Northern California and Oregon Very experienced in negotiating Conservation Easements of all types on behalf of landowners in Northern California as well as three way exchanges with USA entities and Trust organizations.
Some of Mr. Wright’s professional and community affiliations are as follows:
- Chairman of the Board – California Waterfowl Foundation
- 2009-2011 Chairman of the Board of Directors – California Waterfowl Association
- 2012-2015 Past Chair Representative on the Board of Directors – California Waterfowl Association
- Past & Founding member of the Board of Directors – California Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA)
- Past President and member of the Board of Directors – Shasta County Farm Bureau
- past Director and partner, Auctions-West, Inc., an internet real estate auction company.
- Past member Board of Directors – Greater Redding Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Shasta County Cattleman’s Association
- 1996-97 President of Redding East Rotary, Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow and Benefactor – member since 1981 – Rotary International
- Past President of the Board of Directors – Cottonwood’s Foundation for Excellent Schools, Inc.
- 1983 – 2004 Chairman of various committees & member Board of Directors of the Sierra Cascade Logging Conference Equipment Committee
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, and California Association of Realtors
BILL QUINN is a licensed California Real Estate salesperson and associate of Shasta Land Services who has specialized in Northern California agricultural real estate sales since 1981. He majored in agriculture at California Polytechnic State University, Pomona. From 1979 -1990 farmed and ranched in Modoc and Lassen counties. He was a hay broker/partner in the L&Q Ranches, 1982-1990. Presently he runs a cow/calf operation. Mr. Quinn’s experience also includes consultant services to agriculture properties in excess of 11,000 acres.
Some of his affiliations include:
- Board Member, Shasta County Cattleman’s Association
- Past President of the Intermountain Hay Growers Association
- Past President and Chairman of the Board of the California Waterfowl Association
- Past Water Consultant to the California Department of Water Resources (1975-1979)
- Past Director of Trout Unlimited
- Past Vice President of California Trout
- Past Vice President and Chairman of CCO2M
- Partner/Secretary and Treasurer of, Auctions-West Inc.
In 1993, Mr. Quinn was honored by the firm he was previously affiliated with as the No. 1 salesperson of the year with more than $10,000,000 in negotiated and completed sales. Mr. Quinn has also completed many real estate transactions involving the 3-way trade of private lands for cash and/or timberland. Mr. Quinn has negotiated numerous conservation easements and outright purchases involving many millions of dollars. He has worked with the American Land Conservancy, The Trust for Public Lands, The Nature Conservancy, and the NRCS.
DAN RHODES is a California licensed real estate salesperson and associate of Shasta Land Services Inc. He represents River’s Edge Properties (a division of Shasta Land Services Inc.) and focuses on waterfront recreational and fly fishing properties. Dan has spent over seven years in the fly fishing industry teaching, managing, and guiding and is a Federation of Fly Fishers certified casting instructor. Dan’s experience in the field of fly fishing helps him discern the recreational value of unique properties and how to match them to the needs of outdoor enthusiasts. Born and raised in Shasta County, Dan has spent a great deal of time exploring Northern California’s recreational opportunities and is intimately familiar with the areas waterfront properties. Dan has his own web page featuring our fishing properties –http://www.riversedgeproperties.com/
RICK MAHER helps us in his capacity as a wetlands biologist and farming consultant with Shasta Land Services, Inc. Rick has more than 50 years of experience in the operation and management of agricultural properties in Northern California. He is a graduate of California State University, Chico, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Agronomy. As the owner/operator of Maher Farms, established in 1976, he has extensive “hands-on” experience farming up to 4,000 irrigated acres per growing season. His agricultural expertise is useful in both the appraisal and consulting to agricultural properties, as well as in wildlife habitat development and consultation. Mr. Maher also extends his services to private landowners interested in Wildlife Habitat development, primarily wetlands. He provides consulting, planning and construction for wetland projects as well as information on various cost share programs available for habitat development.
Mr. Maher’s community affiliations include Member of the Board of Directors for Fall River Youth Baseball, Member of the Intermountain Hay Growers, Member of the Fall River Wild Rice Growers’ Association, Member of the International Wild Rice Growers’ Association, Member of the Advisory Council State of California Wild Rice Program, and Chairman of the Intermountain Chapter of California Waterfowl Association.