The Cooley Ranch is a winter range cattle ranch located west of Cottonwood & Red Bluff, CA. It runs approx 370 spring calving cows, rolling oak covered hills, some open, great hunting for deer, pigs, good stock water ponds, and lots of wildlife.
- LOCATION: The Cooley Ranch is located 14 miles west of the Tehama County town of Red Bluff. Access is from Johnson Rd. The west side of Tehama County is home to many winter range ranches. Large numbers of cattle winter in the area, and Red Bluff hosts the “’Red Bluff Bull and Gelding sale every January. The Shasta Livestock yard and Western Video Sale are located a short drive north of Red Bluff.
- DESCRIPTION: The Cooley cattle ranch has been in the Ward family for over 50 years, and is being sold to settle an estate. The ranch fronts on Johnson Rd. There are no improvements on the ranch except for numerous stock ponds. The ranch is a winter grass ranch with cattle using the feed from November till May a typical year. There are black tail deer, wild pigs, black bear, valley quail and lots of wild life on the ranch.
- ACREAGE: approx. 4,160 acres deeded. APN # 21-110-13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20; 21-120-10,11,12,13,03,14,15,16,17,18,20,19,21,22; 21-080-07; AND 21-120-23,24,25;
- PROPERTY TAXES: The ranch is in the Williamson Act. Current taxes are running about $6,400.00 per year.
- WATER: The ranch has numerous stock ponds and several seasonal creeks. It is well watered by winter range standards.
- LIVESTOCK: The ranch has a carrying capacity of approximately 370 spring calving cows from November till May. Dates may vary by weather conditions but average a 6 month grazing season. This was the opinion of a recent appraisal on the ranch. Ranch is fenced and cross fenced.
- PRICE: $4,521,739 Cash to sellers
Contact us for more information on this ranch!
For more information and an appointment to see Cooley Ranch, please call:
Shasta Land Services, Inc.358 Hartnell Avenue, Suite C
Redding, CA 96002
DRE # 01402604
www.ranch-lands.com This property submittal has been prepared solely for information purposes. The information contained herein has not been independently verified by Shasta Land Services, Inc. makes no representations or warranties. Each potential investor is relying on his own independent investigation and verification, and should obtain independent legal and tax advice regarding all aspects of the proposed investment. This document is provided subject to errors, omissions and changes in the information and is subject to modification or withdrawal. Shasta Land Services, Inc. reserves the right to submit the property to additional clients on terms that may or may not be identical to the terms contained herein. Accordingly, competing interests may develop in connection with offers on the property. In such case, Shasta Land Services, Inc. expressly disclaims any obligation to advance the interest of any client at the expense of any other client who may receive this submittal.