Ash Valley Road Ranch
Bill Quinn - Quinn Ranch Realty
Ash Valley Road Ranch
500 acres +-
This ranch is one of a kind – truly a turnkey operation. All improvements are in move-in condition, and fields are planted and primarily pivot irrigated. The ranch is fenced and cross fenced in many separate fields for cattle grazing and the haying of the fields. This is a very private ranch that cannot be seen from the Ash Valley Road.
The Ash Valley Rd Ranch is located just east of the small Modoc County community of Adin, a couple of miles up the county-maintained Ash Valley Rd. Adin is a great little community with a general store, Forest Service Headquarters for Modoc National Forest, a restaurant that services great hamburgers, and a grammar school. Additionally, there is a community center and a picturesque park. Adin is reached by taking Hwy 5 to Hwy 299 E through Big Valley. The ranch, however, is in Lassen County, as the border between Lassen and Modoc goes through Adin.
- DESCRIPTION: This ranch is one of a kind, as it is truly a turnkey operation. All improvements are in move–in condition. Fields are planted and mostly pivot irrigated. The ranch is fenced and cross-fenced in many separate fields for cattle grazing and haying. This is a very private ranch that cannot be seen from the Ash Valley Rd. Wildlife is abundant – on a recent trip to the ranch we saw dozens of mule deer!
- ACREAGE: Approximately 500 deeded acres. APN # 003-040-06 and 003-080-03.
There are two modular homes on the ranch, both on foundations. One is a 2,750 sq. ft. with three bedrooms and 2.5 baths, along with a master suite and great room with kitchen, dining room, wood stove, all within an open floor plan. This is a new unit, built in 2009, with a detached three car garage and a pump house. This home has extensive landscaping, including a koi pond and automatic sprinkler system. The domestic well has a constant pressure control pump.
The second home was built in 2001 and is 1,140 sq. ft. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, with wood-stove and propane heating. There is a wraparound deck, and lots of landscaping with automatic sprinklers. It has its own domestic well and 1 ½ hp pump. This house would be excellent for a ranch hand, as it is privately located by the shop, away from the main house.
The 40’x80′ metal shop has a concrete floor, 220 volt service and a ranch office. It has been plumbed for septic and water, but has not been hooked up yet. This great building could be used for hay storage as well. In addition, there is a 60’x80′ pole barn that is used to store hay, located next to the corrals. The corrals are made up of steel panels, and adjoin a small holding field. Additionally, there is a fenced garden area with some fruit trees and a large tool shed.
- HAYING: There is approximately 62 acres under pivot and wheel line irrigation. Planted with orchard grass, a favorite of the horse community. Orchard grass put up right commands a premium in the hay market.
- IRRIGATION: The ranch has two irrigation wells that run the Pivots and wheel lines. One well can pump into a holding pond and then pump out of the pond to run pivots and wheel lines. The other well runs pivots directly. Both wells have variable speed pumps on them. Power is supplied by Surprise Valley Electric, which is a low cost power company.
- WATER: In addition to the two irrigation wells, which yield about 700 GPM, there are two domestic wells, a couple of springs and two ponds with bass in them.
- LIVESTOCK: This would make an excellent small pure-bred operation.
This is one of the nicest, cleanest ranches I have seen. Truly a turnkey ranch, you can literally bring your personal clothes and equipment and move in. Almost everything has been done. There is a little more ground that could be brought into production but for most part it is done. And done right.
CALL BILL QUINN FOR BROCHURE, MAPS, AND INFORMATION – 530-640-4365
THIS RANCH IS CO-LISTED BY:
Quinn Ranch Realty and Round-Up Realty
Bill Quinn dre: 00820135 Larry LaLaguna dre: 00514491
530-221-8100 office 530-527-1106 office
530-604-4365 cell 530-949-2642 cell
For more information and an appointment to see Ash Valley Road Ranch, please call:
Bill Quinn - Quinn Ranch Realty
Shasta Land Services, Inc.358 Hartnell Avenue, Suite C
Redding, CA 96002
DRE # 01402604
www.ranch-lands.com This property submittal has been prepared solely for information purposes. The information contained herein has not been independently verified by Shasta Land Services, Inc. makes no representations or warranties. Each potential investor is relying on his own independent investigation and verification, and should obtain independent legal and tax advice regarding all aspects of the proposed investment. This document is provided subject to errors, omissions and changes in the information and is subject to modification or withdrawal. Shasta Land Services, Inc. reserves the right to submit the property to additional clients on terms that may or may not be identical to the terms contained herein. Accordingly, competing interests may develop in connection with offers on the property. In such case, Shasta Land Services, Inc. expressly disclaims any obligation to advance the interest of any client at the expense of any other client who may receive this submittal.