1,560 Acre Schaffer Mountain Hunting Ranch
Schaffer Mountain Ranch buck in 2011
2009 Schaffer Mountain Ranch buck
Trail cam photo on the ranch
another trail cam buck on the Shaffer Mountain Ranch
2008 ranch buck
Bear on the ranch with the Trail Camera
Camping in the nearby Warner Mountians to the east of the ranch
Warner Mountains fishing
Warner Mountains to the east of the ranch
Hat Creek about an hour to the west of the ranch
Fall River to the west in Fall River Mills, CA
Pit River fishing to the west of the ranch
Fall River trout
1,560 Acre Schaffer Mountain Hunting Ranch
1,560-acre hunting and fishing ranch located just a few miles north of the town of Adin, in the northeastern corner of California. Low real estate taxes, along with great hunting in the coveted X-3A deer hunting zone (with landowner tags available!), make this a special property. It also offers access to springs, timber & meadow lands, and ample fishing opportunities all over Northern California.
- LOCATION: Adin is located south of Alturas in Modoc County, which is about a 2 hour drive east of Redding, 3 hours from Reno or about a 5-6 hour drive from the Bay Area. There is county road access to graveled and dirt interior roads on the property. The communities of Fall River Mills and McArthur are only about an hour drive west of the ranch. The Fall River Airport (089) has been upgraded to handle most private jet aircraft on a 5,000’ x 75’ runway.
- ACREAGE: The Modoc County Assessor’s office shows that there are approximately 1,560 deeded acres with five assessor parcels. These are contained in three separate ownership’s. The parcel numbers are: 017-290-009, 013 & 017 and 017-310-014 & 021.
- RANCH INFORMATION: All 1,560 acres are in one contiguous block. The seller purchased this land under three separate ownership’s over the years. They have been able to acquire landowner deer tags for X-3A each year, which makes it a great hunting ranch. Make sure to take a look at the photos for a few of the great bucks taken on this ranch over the years!
PRIME HUNTING RANCH!
Nestled right in the highly sought after X3A DEER ZONE, this ranch has LAND OWNER TAGS available. There are many areas to set up deer camp or to even build a couple off-the-grid cabins. Additionally, the current owners have completed an extensive amount of clear cutting to help clean up the underbrush and promote new growth. This is a terrific recreational ranch that has been used as a family & friend hunting camp over the years. Below comments from the seller:
- Historically, this property has been issued up to 4 landowner deer tags in X3A Zone. Success rates in X3A historically over 50% and takes CA residents 5+ points to draw.
- It is a prime candidate for a Private Land Management agreement with the California Fish &Wildlife for extended hunting seasons and marketable tags.
- 3 fenced year-round springs with wildlife-friendly fencing.
- 4 developed camp sites.
- The 5 assessor’s parcels make it a good option for family members or friends to own a hunting ranch together.
- There are timber production opportunities.
- The Timber Production Zoning (TPZ) keeps property taxes very low. For example, the 2019 real estate taxes were only $1,439.73
- The is a gated and partially fenced property, with an established road system.
- There are plenty of nearby fishing opportunities, including Tom’s Creek, Rush Creek, and Ash Creek. The Fall River, Pit River, and Hat Creek are only an hour drive away. Additionally, there are thousands of acres of National Forest and BLM recreation opportunities.
The small community of Adin, CA is located about 12 miles south of the ranch. It has a post office, fire department, general store with a deli and a great burger spot. The closest larger community is Alturas. This is the county seat, and is about 20 miles east of the ranch, with a population of about 2,800. This country town has an elementary and high school, as well as a community hospital, grocery stores, and a variety of restaurants.
To the east of the ranch is the South Warner Wilderness. This area has over 70,000 acres of wild, primitive peaks and valleys waiting for you to come and explore. The area was designated as a Primitive Area in 1931 and became a Wilderness Area by act of Congress in 1964. The California Wilderness Act added additional acreage in 1984.
The South Warner Wilderness lies in the eastern half of Modoc County, at the south end of the Warner Mountain range. Wilderness elevations vary from 5,800 feet at Clear Lake to 9,892 feet at Eagle Peak. Seven peaks dominate the Wilderness, with the most distinctive being Warren Peak and Eagle Peak. The massive cliffs rising dramatically behind Patterson Lake on the north side of Warren Peak are typical of the strikingly beautiful geography in this area. Trailheads, campgrounds, corrals and equestrian staging areas are all amenities of the area. With more than 80 miles of trails, hikers, backpackers and equestrians can easily create through routes and loops.
The greater Northern California area also has superb recreation opportunities. Just to the east, there is Clear Lake, Medicine Lake, the Devil’s Garden, Lava Beds National Park, and the Klamath Basin National Wildlife Refuge. Tule, Shasta, Whiskeytown and Trinity Lakes all offer tremendous water recreation opportunities, while the Sacramento, McCloud, Hat Creek, and Fall Rivers are readily accessible for world-class fly fishing.
Contact us for more information!
For more information and an appointment to see 1,560 Acre Schaffer Mountain Hunting Ranch, please call:
Shasta Land Services, Inc.358 Hartnell Avenue, Suite C
Redding, CA 96002
DRE # 01402604
www.ranch-lands.com This property submittal has been prepared solely for information purposes. The information contained herein has not been independently verified by Shasta Land Services, Inc. makes no representations or warranties. Each potential investor is relying on his own independent investigation and verification, and should obtain independent legal and tax advice regarding all aspects of the proposed investment. This document is provided subject to errors, omissions and changes in the information and is subject to modification or withdrawal. Shasta Land Services, Inc. reserves the right to submit the property to additional clients on terms that may or may not be identical to the terms contained herein. Accordingly, competing interests may develop in connection with offers on the property. In such case, Shasta Land Services, Inc. expressly disclaims any obligation to advance the interest of any client at the expense of any other client who may receive this submittal.